Notifications
Clear all

Mentorship program?  

RSS

SacuShi
(@sacushi)
August 14, 2021 1:49 pm  

Another idea that struck me to try to increase the engagement of indie developers and wannabe developers here, is a mentorship program.

Wannabees could ask for a mentor to provide them with 1-to-1 tutorship on a specific problem they are up against in their game / app.

This could be provided via discord, youtube, in a special forum section.  Maybe 1 hour a week, or if more, an arrangement could be garnered between mentor and mentoree...

Speaking to someone and verbalising ones issue when stuck, and being able to explain what outcome someone wants is a lot easier face to face (so to speak), and allows for more learning styles.

Personally, I find tutorials dont stick in my mind, nor do tutorials in books.  Sometimes I want to know why, rather than just 'what', and this can only be garnered from asking a question of a human.

Is this something others would find valuable?  Is it something potential mentors would do?  Maybe via a subscription so metors can recieve financial rewards?

Just an idea.  discuss.

Dark_Reader
(@dark_reader)
August 15, 2021 11:55 am  

Seems like a good idea to be honest, there are loads of mentorships out there that people can find but they tend to be expensive and not something that many people will try. To have a free and open discussion where we can share our thoughts in terms of workflows, ideas, implementation etc. will be helpful and will be to everyone's benefit as sharing knowledge helps us grow and expand our boundaries. 
If carried out properly, everyone may gain some benefit. Though would like to hear everyone's thoughts first because if not everyone is into it then it may end up deserted or a very narrow discussion.

SacuShi liked
ReplyQuote
Share: