Notifications
Clear all

Question About Membership and Grand Lodge  

RSS

ShifuLee
(@shifulee)
October 5, 2022 7:14 am  

Hi Everyone. I'm completely new here as I just found this website and created an account a few days ago. 

First of all I would like to thank the creators of this site as well as the members who have provided new aspiring game devs such as myself the opportunity to try out new assets while at the same time learning game development.

After browsing the assets for the Unreal Engine (which is the engine I'm learning), I found out that there's very few of them and even fewer that would work for my game, especially compared to Unity assets. Now if I understand things correctly, by becoming a member I would have access to the Grand Lodge which will give me access to the full collection of assets on the Dev Freedom Club website. Is this correct?

If so, my issue is since currently my access to the Grand Lodge is restricted, I cannot even browse the assets to see what's available and if the assets in the Grand Lodge would work for my game.

Is there a way to find out exactly what assets would be available to me once I decide to become a member?

My last question is how long does it take from the moment I become a patreon to the moment my rank is raised? Is the process automated and instantaneous or do I have to wait for someone to update my rank?

Thanks in advance and cheers everyone 🙂

doomangel
(@doomangel)
October 6, 2022 9:01 pm  

Someone from the moderating team will jump in and reply eventually but until then as I understand there are 3 Tiers. Member, Senior Member and partner. Afaik Partner is temporarily suspended but to be in the Grand Lodge you have to be Senior Member (I'm Member). Note that both Tiers are paid tiers - you have to purchase through patreon. Hope I helped 🙂

ShifuLee liked
ReplyQuote
ShifuLee
(@shifulee)
October 7, 2022 4:38 am  

@doomangel Thank you for your reply.

So it seems that my understanding was incorrect then. Unfortunately, the patreon page doesn't mention the Grand Lodge at all. The only thing it says is "Direct access to our data cloud without any ads and waiting" which is available to all 3 paid tiers. I assumed this was a reference to the Grand Lodge.

May I ask then, since being a member doesn't give one access to extra assets, what privileges does it give?

ReplyQuote
Renaissance
(@renaissance)
Member Admin
October 14, 2022 11:19 pm  

Hi, yes, there is a nuance. But keep in mind that this applies to Unity Assets, UE4 Assets are all available, without limitation. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for our main partner who was running this section of the catalog. That's why there were no updates yet, we apologize for that. Nonamer is trying, but it's a bit more his competence. No offense to him 🤗 🍺 

Privileges are assigned for contributions of a certain level. The highest rank, Partner, does not seem to confer any additional privileges at all, except status and our gratitude. It, as well as Senior Member rank, can be obtained not only for financial support of the community, but also for activity in the forum, provision of assets, fulfillment of requests.

The Grand Lodge arose spontaneously, we had no purpose in creating it. Since a certain point in the community's existence, we noticed that the Assets provided by our partners and active community members very quickly spread across the web and settled on sites that actually earn from their downloads. It was decided to temporarily limit access to them, including for the Member support level.

But I will say this - not a single member of the community with the Member rank has yet been denied one or two Grand Lodge Assets if they requested them. We are talking about restricting access, not banning it. This is the situation.

Member Rank currently gives early access to updated Assets, with the exception of Grand Lodge Assets, as well as downloading all Assets without the cost of Contribution Points. Soon we plan that this rank will also give deferred access to Grand Lodge Assets. But again, this only applies to Unity Assets because the Unity community is the most active, and we have enough partners and senior members who actively contribute to this section.

We have always been open to ideas and to those who need help. To everyone who has helped us and the community, we have helped in return. Always. No exceptions.

There have been many strikes, attacks and hacking attempts in the last month. Just today I was able to fully restore the old DB, including your message. Next we will try to roll out a big update for the Unreal Assets section and a slightly smaller one for Unity Assets.

ShifuLee liked
ReplyQuote
ShifuLee
(@shifulee)
October 18, 2022 4:08 am  

@renaissance Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. This makes things a lot clearer.

Once again I would like to thank you guys for what you're doing for new developers and I do hope that you'll be able to expand the Unreal section soon.

Cheers 🙂

ReplyQuote
patosita
(@patosita)
June 3, 2023 9:48 am  

Buenos días. En primer lugar dar las gracias por el trabajo y los recursos que encuentro aquí y con los que estoy aprendiendo. Soy jubilada y con muchos años a cuesta, pero siempre apasionada de los nuevos descubrimientos como las gafas de RV que descubrí hace un par de años y me están haciendo disfrutar de nuevas perspectivas. Estoy aprendiendo a base de tutoriales a construir mundos, ahora para VRChat desde que desapareció Altspace y para los que he utilizado y aprendido con los assets que ponéis a nuestra disposición. Me hice miembro intentando contribuir con lo que podía y mi pregunta viene ahora: Ultimamente no tengo posibilidad de ver casi ningún asset, desgraciadamente cuando intento bajarlo siempre me encuentro con esta triste frase... "para bajarlo debe pertenecer a la Logia superior", que supongo nunca llegaré. Antes encontrar este mensaje era esporádico pero noto que ahora es el habitual y lo siento. Debido a mis conocimientos (escasos) no estoy interesada en ver todos, pero con alguna me he quedado francamente desilusionada por no poder estudiar alguno de ellos. ¿Existe alguna posibilidad de poder acceder a algunas de ellas? Muchas gracias por vuestro buen trabajo.

ReplyQuote
Share: