Notifications
Clear all

Problem downloading file  

RSS

eli
 eli
(@eli)
May 6, 2021 10:35 pm  

While trying to download the brushify environment packs for Unreal Engine, I ran into an issue. The downloaded folder was empty, save for a manifest file with no extension (Windows File Explorer read it as "type: file"). A screenshot of the folder is attached. The "data" folder is empty as well.

FanGamers liked
Nonamer
(@nonamer)
May 21, 2021 9:03 am  

No problems or bugs, the thing is that UE4, unlike Unity, allows you to transfer files via download files. Many Assets for UE4 contain just such files to save disk space and for your convenience.
Here's what to do with it next (maybe the instruction should be placed in each asset later, so there is no misunderstanding):

Extract downloaded folder to:
1. ....Epic Games\Launcher\VaultCache

2. Restart Epic Launcher, add to a project and it will download all the content of this asset.

In other words: Extract the Complete Folder To your VaultCache Folder. > Logout of your Epic Games account And > Log Back in > Asset will be in your Library Content.

FanGamers and eli liked
ReplyQuote
eli
 eli
(@eli)
June 14, 2021 8:58 pm  

@nonamer

That doesn't seem to be working. After I put the folder in the Vault Cache, the launcher shows the asset in my library, with a cache of how ever many megabytes or gigabytes (i tried this with other files too). When I try to add it to a project, it will try to add it for a second before saying that it's done. All the other methods I tried (moving the Vault Cache location, etc.) didn't work either. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my computer or with the file, but I still can't get the assets.

This post was modified 3 years ago by eli

FanGamers liked
ReplyQuote
FanGamers
(@fangamers)
March 14, 2022 11:36 pm  

That's happened to me too. Not with assets downloaded here, but elsewhere. Simply the asset is not downloaded to the project in Unreal, which I am working with. The Library charges the asset, but ignores it when I request to include it in the project.

So far I have not found a practical solution to this. Other assets I downloaded, which use this same additional scheme in VaultCache, bring the assets into the zipped file. So I added them there, and Unreal recognized them... Without going through the need to activate them in the Epica Games library. But this was not necessary with other assets that I used the other method and worked without problems.

I think that depends on whether it is active on the Epic Marketplace, because those that did not work the assets were no longer available for sale and download.

ReplyQuote
Draconus
(@draconus)
August 29, 2022 4:41 am  

Guys the pack has to have a meta data file other than a Data folder other wise sticking it in the vault cache does nothing as the epic launcher wont even detect the asset

The meta data file also is for adding asset to a current project or creating new project with it depending on what the meta data file is setup for

ReplyQuote
Draconus
(@draconus)
August 29, 2022 4:54 am  

Sorry the manifest file i meant....this file handles a few things form what i can tell some u can view using notepad C++ i think its older assets though seems new ones are encrypted so when trying to even view it looks like garbled coding language

So the manifest file handles downloading asset chuncks properly to vault cache

it also handles adding asset properly to project or creating new protect depending on how this is setup

it also allows the epic launcher to even detect the asset once its in the vault cache a verification aspect if you will

so if the asset does not have a data folder with a manifest folder good luck ever getting it to work

why the blank folders when copying asset package well its a protection aspect of ue4 editor and think we already know the rest

You can not create a manifest either its auto generated when a asset is uploaded to epic marketplace 

You can not use another either, each one is unique to each asset itself

There is no way around it so when people upload an asset on here it MUST HAVE the manifest file along with the data folder or sharing it is pointless

I had this issue with the wet lands asset pack off here missing the manifest file kinda bummer looks like a nice pack i would have liked to check out

and support the dev

Hope this info helps others

This post was modified 2 years ago by Draconus

ReplyQuote
Share: