Notifications
Clear all

Convert Untity assets to Unreal  

RSS

FanGamers
(@fangamers)
April 1, 2022 11:08 am  

Hello Freedom friends! I don't know if my question is relevant, or if I'm traveling in the stars with it. I'm sorry if I'm on the wrong track. But, is there any way to use the assets for Unity in Unreal Engine? That is, convert Unity assets to Unreal assets? Would it be possible, for example, to export some Unity asset in OBJ or FBX format and import it into Unreal?

I thank you all for your attention. A big hug! 😀 😉 

GDjkhp
(@gdjkhp)
April 5, 2022 1:57 pm  

As far as i know, .unitypackage format was just a fancy zip archive… Well changing/renaming it as .zip will get you another zip file, opening it gives you bunch of hashed folders (probably obfuscation, but not DRM) that contains actual files which is a mess. But here's the real catch, someone out there actually wrote an extractor program (i found bunch on Github). I dunno about converting it to Unreal cuz in some aspects, they're basically different (C++, C#), but still almost the same (like they both use objs), if you get what i mean. Hope this helps.

FanGamers liked
ReplyQuote
FanGamers
(@fangamers)
April 6, 2022 1:08 am  

@gdjkhp - Yes, my friend. It helped a lot. I'm going to follow that lead and see what I can get. I appreciate the help, thank you! 😀 

ReplyQuote
Share: