Notifications
Clear all

Why does Engine Unreal have better assets than Unity?  

RSS

nacki
(@nacki)
July 5, 2021 2:35 pm  

Hi, first of all I want to say that I'm not a professional and I don't even know how to program, I download Assets and I'm modifying some things and with that I'm learning more and more about everything. When I go to download Assets, I see that Unreal's assets are much prettier, would anyone know why?

Sorry my bad English.

nn
 NN
(@nn)
July 6, 2021 2:52 pm  

Since they are similar engines, they have quite differences. Is not an asset question at all.

I hope it helps you.

nacki liked
ReplyQuote
nacki
(@nacki)
July 8, 2021 2:56 am  

@nonom

Thank you very much, it's just a matter of engine management, Unreal seems to be better in lighting.

🙂

ReplyQuote
Dark_Reader
(@dark_reader)
August 6, 2021 8:28 am  

First of all Unreal and Unity are very similar engines, like in terms of power and workflow both tend to have a pretty similar workflow. In some areas unreal might be better compared to unity is because they tend to have pretty solid updates to the engines where unity sometimes tend to have bugs that are annoying but still you can get your work done. Also unreal is very good for high-end graphics render and is usually preferred by industry professionals that work in AAA studios. Unity on the other hand is very beginner friendly in terms of it's community and the loads of docs it has. In general if you are starting out in game dev you should start with unity to atleast get some knowledge and then start learning unreal to diversify your knowledge.

The reason why unreal's asset store seems pretty compared to unity is because Epic tend to moderate their store, i.e. they will feature only the best quality content for ex. the Free Content for the month that they have and the way their entire store is structured is based around quality asset content. One more reason why their assets might seem good is due to Megascans. Like nothing can beat the library of assets and texture packs that they have. In unity there are also good assets but you need to either search for them or else they are behind a paywall. Also unity doesn't heavily moderate the content so to find good assets you need to do a bit of digging. 
Other than that I dont think there's much of a difference

nacki liked
ReplyQuote
nacki
(@nacki)
September 27, 2021 3:01 pm  
Posted by: @dark_reader

First of all Unreal and Unity are very similar engines, like in terms of power and workflow both tend to have a pretty similar workflow. In some areas unreal might be better compared to unity is because they tend to have pretty solid updates to the engines where unity sometimes tend to have bugs that are annoying but still you can get your work done. Also unreal is very good for high-end graphics render and is usually preferred by industry professionals that work in AAA studios. Unity on the other hand is very beginner friendly in terms of it's community and the loads of docs it has. In general if you are starting out in game dev you should start with unity to atleast get some knowledge and then start learning unreal to diversify your knowledge.

The reason why unreal's asset store seems pretty compared to unity is because Epic tend to moderate their store, i.e. they will feature only the best quality content for ex. the Free Content for the month that they have and the way their entire store is structured is based around quality asset content. One more reason why their assets might seem good is due to Megascans. Like nothing can beat the library of assets and texture packs that they have. In unity there are also good assets but you need to either search for them or else they are behind a paywall. Also unity doesn't heavily moderate the content so to find good assets you need to do a bit of digging. 
Other than that I dont think there's much of a difference

I understand that regardless of the engine you can get beautiful graphics, but it's not Epic showing me assets, every site that contains assets from both Engine, Unreal's are just excellent. This site, by the way, is very good, I think it's the best in terms of studying, learning and testing assets before buying, it has packages that don't exist in Unity, for example:

https://devfreedom.club/the-forest-v1-5/

https://devfreedom.club/meadow-wetlands-landscape/

But it's just like you said, Unreal is for studios that make AAA games.

Thank you all for answers, if the moderator wants to close this topic can shut.(sorry my English, I'm still studying it)

ReplyQuote
Share: