Notifications
Clear all

Im kind of new to this so I'd like to ask anyone who already has experience with VR  

RSS

sunasiesta
(@sunasiesta)
February 15, 2023 6:32 pm  

How hard is it to make a very good playable experience in VR ?

I mean considering I am quite new on Unity, coding and game development ( My main points for for 3D design and creation and audio and animation )

I have started a project which is on HDPR pipeline and intended for both VR and desktop, I am only trying to get the barebones of it so far and Im wondering, how hard will it be to make it onto VR?

SuprisedJerboa
(@suprisedjerboa)
February 22, 2023 8:31 pm  

As far as I know, just gotta learn the VR Specific Coding.  The rest will be similar to other game dev.

Might help to complete a base slice your idea first.  Then make a VR build.

Taking a chunk at a time is less overwhelming, and would build your comfort with Unity / Unreal.

Practical learning, as a rule, guides you from the beginning to intermediate work in a logical, systematic way.

(Disregard if you already have a small slice / project under your belt)

ReplyQuote
felis
(@felis)
March 19, 2023 7:48 pm  

HDRP won't work for VR even with modern hardware, you won't get a usable framerate and you're better off going for URP

ReplyQuote
Amadi
(@amadi)
April 7, 2023 6:06 pm  

If this is your first game then I strongly suggest that you start by making a non-VR game first. After that, take a look at the SteamVR package. It supports most headsets and it has several demos to help you with developing a PCVR game.

This is the SteamVR package on Unity Asset Store:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/steamvr-plugin-32647

ReplyQuote
Share: