Notifications
Clear all

Not sure how to correctly add the package and have it picked up as an asset?  

RSS

jessebrown2077
(@jessebrown2077)
May 11, 2022 4:33 pm  

So say I wanted to try Vegetation Studio Pro before I buy it. I download the file and it comes as a Unity Package file. I import the package to my scene. Now what? When installed correctly, vegetation studio pro is supposed to have a tab option under the Window Tab where you can select "Awesome Technologies"...Add vegetation studio pro to scene. This does not appear when importing the package. Am installing these wrong?

Nonamer
(@nonamer)
May 13, 2022 6:09 am  

Hi! The admin gave me your question and I've been trying to revive this asset for hours.
I succeeded - by installing preview packs that were cut from the 2020+ version of unity. But I don't advise you to do that.
The problem turned out to be that when I got this asset from one of our members I mis-checked the version of the asset. In fact, it is the version for 2019 unity. So it conflicts and requires additional system modules.
I.e. even when I got it to work it didn't do anything - you could get the same result just by running the asset in 2019 shell, and that doesn't make sense in your case...

I've already reached out to our member who provided it and asked for an update. As soon as he sends it out, I will replace that version with the really latest version.

I'm sorry it had to be this way. This is the first time I've ever made a mistake with the version... It's just that now, while some of our team members are absent, I'm also running a section on UE4, which is a bit out of my area of expertise... 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Share: