Official Page - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/fullscreen-camera-effects/global-snow-79795
Official Rating 5 / 13 Votes
Latest Version 6.0
Supported Editor Versions 2017.4.7 or higherRead Description
Just add a script to your camera and customize the results. Global Snow works with your existing scene, including standard Terrain, Tree and Grass, SpeedTree and many other shaders: you don’t have to change your shaders or use new snowed prefabs.
Global Snow is an all-in-one, drag & drop solution (with many options) that also plays nicely along with other terrain shaders as well.
*** Rendering Features ***
Realistic snow with 4 rendering styles:
• PBR Relief Mapping, a full PBR + optimized volumetric approach which produces a 3D effect of snow bumps.
• PBR Normal-mapped snow, uses albedo, normals and specular workflow.
• Flat shading, a faster mode without normal modification which still looks great!
• Simplified unlit mode, simple yet convenient effect.
✔ Integrated Occlusion and Glitter. ✔ Unity shadow system compatible. ✔ Compatible with Global Illumination. ✔ Compatible with Deferred and Forward rendering paths. ✔ Compatible with Gamma and HDR color spaces.
*** Coverage Features ***
• Automatic snow coverage with exclusion options (by layers, per gameobject, mask texture). No need to create thousands of exclusion volumes to hide snow from internal buildings or under roofs.
• Snow can cover terrain, vegetation, buildings, transparent cut-out objects and opaque geometry.
• Altitude scattering for more natural height coverage.
• Slope controls to add realistic snow over cliffs or mountains.
• Ability to place holes.
*** Extra Features Included ***
• Integrated snow coverage painter in SceneView.
• Object snower tool. In addition to the snow brush painter tool, you can now drag & drop scene objects into the inspector and apply custom snow coverage. Great to remove snow from roads and other complex shaped objects!
• Footprints. Make your FPS character leave footprints behind.
• 3 snow footfalls audio clips included.
• Terrain marks. Detects terrain collisions adding marks over the snow on any moving gameobject. Also detects wheel collisions, great for vehicles on snow (see screenshots).
• Snowfall with lighting compatible particles.
• Camera frost effect. – World Manager API compatible.
• Works great with other assets such as Vegetation Studio, Gaia, CTS and VertExmotion. Lots of quality and feature options with global presets for quick setup and run.
Compatibility notes: – VR supported in deferred mode (Multi and Single Pass Stereo). – Compatible with XBox One and Playstation 4. – Requires built-in pipeline, not compatible with SRP/URP/HDRP. – Effect not intended for mobile. Give your scene a winter theme look now with Global Snow!